This board needs

A “view first unread” feature (clickable icon) for each thread.

A “view my posts” icon would be useful for following specific conversations.

Also, a clickable icon for “return to forum home page” should be at the bottom of every page of every thread.

4 Likes

A way to preview new posts before posting would be helpful.

1 Like

When you click on “Unseen” then you can select over the numbers the “unread posts”.

2 Likes

The admins could enable something close to what you ask in Discourse, by adding the “unread” feature in the bar.

The other thing is that when you click a topic (thread) it auto brings you to the latest unread post (unread by you).

1 Like

@Patrick Is there a difference between unread and unseen?

1 Like

Yes, the unread only displays threads you are following already for which there are new posts.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve added Unread and My Posts to the main menu.

When a thread is opened it should automatically scroll to the first unread post. We can look into getting an icon for it as well.

I agree that this would improve the usability of the site. It’s currently not something I can do, so will take a little longer to get sorted.

3 Likes

You can already do this by clicking on the “home” icon. The default Discourse icon for this is indeed a House icon. :wink:

2 Likes

Great work everybody!

2 Likes

Just wondering, no real need just a thought,
Does clicking a link intentionally do it on the same webpage, or is it intended to open a link in a new tab?
My query is just for link stats, as I am not sure if the user “opens link in new tab” is it the same statistically as clicking the link. I hope my distortion is clear enough.
More importantly:
I love this website and the people in it, I am very, very grateful. Without L/L and the offshoots that have become, I would have no communication of this type of connection. It is a real blessing…

1 Like

Go to your profile and click on Preferences then on Interface. See what you have marked under Other. Is it checked or unchecked to “Open all external links in a new tab”

1 Like

Super! I didn’t realize I was given the power all along, it was right there under my nose…
Thank you.

This is also something the admins (@Jeremy) can change for all users, as in change the default setting to open in another tab for new users (and for existing users if they wish too).