The mirroring effect

(Cory made a post here about the mirroring effect, but I wanted to open it up incase there is anyone with thoughts on this.)

The entity which is given constant and unremitting approval by those surrounding it suffers from the loss of the mirroring effect of those which reflect truthfully rather than unquestioningly. This is not a suggestion to reinstate judgment but merely a suggestion for all those supporting instruments; that is, support, be harmonious, share in love, joy, and thanksgiving, but find love within truth, for each instrument benefits from this support more than from the total admiration which overcomes discrimination.

I am curious if anyone can share examples of the mirroring effect? Do you ever consider the effect in your daily life?

And, are the different ways in which mirroring can be provided? Perhaps some ways are more positive, while others are more negative.

What about the ultimate example of someone who’s peak ripe for positive harvest (I imagine they’re persistently in deep peace, full of unconditional love), how do you imagine they’d provide mirroring to someone?

Would a perfectly balanced entity feel an emotional response when being attacked by the other-self?

I am Ra. This is correct. The response is love.

42.4. Ra kind of touches on this here, but I’m curious what that confrontation would actually look like.

Here are some other passages about mirrors:

The quickest way to learn is to deal with other-selves. This is a much greater catalyst than dealing with the self. Dealing with the self without other-selves is akin to living without what you would call mirrors. Thus, the self cannot see the fruits of its beingness. Thus, each may aid each by reflection. This is also a primary reason for the weakening of the physical vehicle, as you call the physical complex.

Those upon the right-hand path have no such protection against other-selves, for upon that path the doughty seeker shall find many mirrors for reflection in each other-self it encounters.

3 Likes

Taking a step back, if you accept the premise that our assignment here is to open the conscious awareness of self so that we can encompass the experience of self on the red, orange, yellow and green ray levels (keeping it simple and not going higher for now), then how is this done? How does consciousness evolve?

One way of looking at it is that we progressively experience our being more and more deeply by being exposed to that depth, piece by piece and gradually we learn to love and accept that which we discover. How are we exposed to self? In large part, this occurs by simply experiencing life and then examining what this stirs up inside of us. We can then use this “stirring” sensation to, like a hound dog, track what these outward experiences can show us about our deeper inward experiences. As we learn more about where these inward experiences live inside us, we can further explore these more secret locations of the inner self…a/k/a “consciousness.”

Often, however, because these “stirrings” are emotionally disturbing or otherwise threaten to teach us things about ourselves we’d maybe prefer not to know, there can be a disinclination to explore inwardly. And so maybe someone reflects back to us that we acted cowardly or foolishly or without pity, what do we do with that? The point of this mirroring is to seek inwardly to know our deeper feelings and knowings, be they pretty or plain, so that we can more deeply participate in that process of loving self and accepting self. Doing this work allows further love and acceptance up through higher levels of consciousness. In other words, the more transparent self becomes to self (through love and acceptance), the more the consciousness can open to reveal more of self to love and accept. And the more this process continues, the more conscious we become of self and, by extension, of All.

3 Likes

The 101.8 Ra quote had to do with an issue of swelling. To keep the mirroring focus in context, I remember a video about three men in India performing sound healing to help a woman who needed a tumor removed. All three men each recited different sounds. Within a few minutes they began repeating the same sound as if agreeing with one another that this what they would use to cure the woman. An x-ray later revealed that the woman’s tumor had vanished. In light of this information I feel mirroring is a way to acknowledge agreement of a situation. (I saw this video a long time ago on Youtube. I do not recall the title.)

On Bring4th I had made a topic about “Observational Clues” in which I pointed out that each of us have a defect that we were born with. I deleted everything on that account so it is pointless to refer to it. However, I remember others realizing that their own defects created a situation in which they were forced to ask for help. 19.13 reminds me of this. Size matters to some people. For instance, a short person cannot reach the top shelf at a store and therefore relies on someone taller for help. Most people have allergies and so we rely on medication created by another individual to help alleviate the symptoms. We can take these examples further to show that healthy people are thin and this view of self is what is expected from society. Overweight people mirror the ugly truth that they need to diet and exercise.

The 99.8 right-hand path quote speaks in the negative sense. I believe those who grew up in violent homes or had inadequate nurturing were brought up as victims of their own circumstance. A child who is forced to join a gang grows up to know only hate and destruction. A teenager who is introduced to drugs and alcohol creates a life of self harm. In any of these negative influences, the self relies on the help of others to correct the imbalance. If a person were to do the healing on their own then it would take a much lengthier time as well as reflection to understand why such things happened.

To sum up, our actions, our thoughts, our words, our uniqueness, and many other things mirror within our lives.

1 Like

As I read it, the implication in the question is that Greta Woodrew was not responding to treatment. Ra’s response was that she was not living a life commensurate with the values she was teaching, in part because she surrounded herself only with people who would not challenge her incongruity. Her supporting her aversion to looking deeper within by avoiding “mirrors” was the gist of the spiritual principle involved, I would say.

2 Likes

Thank you for starting this thread, @Fish. Here are my thoughts on your questions.

I am curious if anyone can share examples of the mirroring effect? Do you ever consider the effect in your daily life?

I do consider the effect in my daily life, and here are a couple examples. One example is that my uncle noticed and shared that I often eat in front of my computer mostly unconsciously. This leads to unwise decisions of quantity and quality of food choices. I didn’t even notice myself doing this, but my uncle served as a mirror to bring to conscious awareness my habits.

Another example is that I had a cousin who struggles with financial stability and would often ask for financial assistance. I chose to inform him that his struggles were a result of his poor choices and that it was important to learn to manage a budget rather than relying on others to bail him out repeatedly. This helped him see more clearly what was happening and start learning to make better decisions rather than blaming others for his situation.

And, are the different ways in which mirroring can be provided? Perhaps some ways are more positive, while others are more negative.

I think the most common way mirroring is provided is through communication although even setting an example can be a form of mirroring. For example, someone might be really successful at a sport and is mirroring back to us our own potential to be that successful.

In my opinion, true mirroring is always positive even if others interpret it negatively. For example, people are often envious towards successful sport’s stars leading to negative emotions because they are disagreeing with the truth of the mirror.

A negative mirror might be seen as a false mirror or a reflection that seeks to deceive rather than enlighten. For example, someone might manipulate somebody into a bad position and then seek to show them that they are incapable of changing the situation. This is a false mirror because we all have infinite potential to change a situation despite appearances.

What about the ultimate example of someone who’s peak ripe for positive harvest (I imagine they’re persistently in deep peace, full of unconditional love), how do you imagine they’d provide mirroring to someone?

I think looking at the life of Jesus Christ is an excellent example of this. Here are some of his quotes to consider:

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Matthew 23:23 NLT

Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter. “Get away from me, Satan!” he said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”

Mark 8:33 NLT

“Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Matthew 7:21‭-‬23 NLT

I think it is also helpful to consider that it was through the mirror Jesus provided that led to his death as many reject themselves when they see themselves for the first time.

(He knew very well that the religious leaders had arrested Jesus out of envy.)

Matthew 27:18 NLT

1 Like

Some Confederation thoughts about the mirroring effect:

Q’uo - October 11, 2005

K
Thank you very much for all that you have shared in your great service and kindness. On the last question about the relationship, I do have one follow-up, which is to ask, as I’ve been doing this work and attempting to do what you are suggesting, what has come to my awareness is that, in some ways, the mirror-image is about my feeling like I know what is better for this entity. This is something I accused him of doing for others. Would this be a correct understanding of my shadow?

Q’uo

We are those of Q’uo, and can confirm this understanding for you. May we say that it is rare that an entity is so able to pick up the subtlety of how the mirroring effect works. It is indeed very helpful that you have come to this conclusion.

Latwii - July 28, 1985
I am Latwii, and we are once again with this instrument. To continue. These male and female qualities, then, being expressed within this mated relationship allow the mirroring effect to occur with greater intensity and frequency. This mirroring effect is the effect that occurs when one sees within another self those characteristics that are loved and accepted and those that are not loved and not accepted. In truth, these are the characteristics of the self which are loved or not loved, and are those characteristics which outline the lessons and services that the entity has designed into the life pattern from the preincarnational state.

The intensity and frequency of this mirroring effect, then, is due to the natural attractions and interactions that are set in motion by the basic positive and negative forces of creation moving within the mated couple. That the relationship is one which is seen as a life-long relationship insures that the mirroring effect will be produced on a frequent basis. The frequency aids in the intensification of the opportunity to see the self within another and to work upon the self as one works upon the relationship with the other self.

Thus, the male qualities of radiance and reaching for that experience not yet held and the female qualities of magnetism, of awaiting the reaching and potentiating the experience, are those qualities which continue to—we scan for the correct term—redound and rebound within the experience of each entity, echoing and reechoing the attraction of lessons, the catalyst of these lessons, and the opportunity to continue the lessons throughout the incarnation.

Q’uo - July 23, 1989

The mirroring effect that those within the mated relationship experience is an intensification of the mirroring effect that is experienced by each entity at all times when in contact with others. It may be noted within the mind, when there is an interaction between entities, when a thought, word or deed that has been shared remains within the thoughts that you think and remains with a certain charge, shall we say, when there is a response by yourself to any thought, word or deed of another that causes you to move from the center of your being, and causes you concern of any kind, you may notice the mirroring effect as it is generated from your own subconscious mind.

This is to say that you have before the incarnation chosen certain lessons upon which you shall apply yourself. You have therefore biased your perceptions in a manner which will allow you to see what we may call a neutral experience, or neutral catalyst, in such and such a fashion that is in accordance with your preincarnative choices. Thus, a number of entities may witness the same exchange of experience and respond by feeling a variety of responses. This is due to the unique nature of each entity’s preincarnative programming and subconscious bias.

Thus, whatever experience you share with another that leaves its mark upon your memory is one which you would do well to consider within your own meditations, to look within your own self to see what significance this experience has. Then one may, in a meditative state, look at that experience within the life pattern to note the repetition of this experience or similar experiences, and begin by this analysis to discern the deeper pattern that comprises the lesson that you are attempting at this time to learn, and which has been signaled by the experience shared with another that registered a strong emotional response in your own being.

Thus, each life pattern is unique and the response to various stimuli or catalyst is also unique and may be observed for the impact that it has on the self.

Q’uo - April 5, 1992

Questioner

Yes, what suggestions would you have for stubborn pride that keeps people from taking responsibility for themselves and communication?

Q’uo

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my sister. If that, as you have called it “stubborn pride,” which blocks one’s ability to assume the appropriate responsibility in communication and relationship, resides within one’s own being, it is well to take that concept as an image into your meditative and contemplative or prayerful states and look therein the silence within at that quality, observing how, as the pebble thrown into the pond, it ripples outward in all its affects and effects within the life pattern; to see a trail of its experience within one’s being and to trace that trail to its source so that whatever impulses or experiences were the genesis of this trait may be looked at and reexperience in a safe environment, perhaps within this same meditative state, so that the entity which experienced this need to behave in this manner might have a chance once again to re-respond to this situation and fashion a more helpful means of response to others.

If this trait is within one that is close to you and not within the self, there is far less that can be done, for the desire the work upon those qualities which are seen to be hindrances to affect teaching and learning need to have an inner motivation in order for any actions to be effective in removing or balancing such traits. One can make the suggestion that such a trait exists, and can be worked with in a helpful manner. Various suggestions can be given, as we have suggested to you in the working with such in a quiet place and quiet moment within. One may suggest that such work may be accomplished together if the other entity is in relationship to the self in a close enough fashion to allow such work, and for it to be appropriate. In most instances, the general run of the day, shall we say, the interaction of entities in a normal way, as the daily round of activities moves in its pattern and each entity within that pattern will provide the periodic mirroring effect where this trait of pridefulness will show itself, and at those time there may be a gentle reminder made that will allow the entity with this trait to note its presence and also note its effect upon the interaction that is being mutually experienced.

Q’uo - October 16, 2010

Other people’s actions affect you more because the mirroring effect is more pronounced as time goes on and the light of third density wanes.

All of those things which you have not integrated into your daylight personality and have left in the shadows, unseen, unacknowledged and unredeemed, show themselves to you in the actions and words of other people and they hurt you because you have not worked with yourself to bring that shadow-self into your heart and to redeem it with your love, respect and understanding.

2 Likes