Group meditation style

I am wondering if l/l research follows some kind of format/ritual for their group meditation (before channeling) and if anyone has any experience with group meditation that follows a certain format/tradition that they can share with me.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jeremy can tell you about that. Ask him about the tuning process while you’re at it, just to thicken the plot.

What is your specific interest in this, if you don’t mind my asking?

2 Likes

I are trying to do regular group meditation sessions. So, I am wondering if there are other formats than each individual in the group going straight into silent meditation.

Maybe I shouldnt have used the word ritual but just format and style. Like do people do some cleansing breath work before meditation or setting a common intention or share recent balancing experience etc…
If the answer is yes, I am also curious to know how these premeditation exercises affect the meditation experience.

1 Like

Hey @Gree! Good question. Thanks for bringing this to my attention @Jonathan. Here’s what we do in the Richmond Meditation Circle for our weekly group meditation, and it’s fully based on what they do in Anchorage in my years of visiting.

Once we’re settled, we begin by going around the room and letting each person describe the mood or vibe they’re bringing this day. What have you been struggling with? What’s your week been like? What concerns or ideas have been on your mind? The goal is twofold: (1) help the group understand the vibe that the meditation will exist in, (2) help folks reflect on their own lives. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had revelations by verbalizing the things that have happened during, say, the last week, and reflecting on its emotional toll or effects.

Then we decide on a meditation duration: usually something between 10 and 20 minutes. I use the InsightTimer app to set a prayer bowl alarm, and then we jump right in.

Afterwards, we have light conversation. I often will bring up a Confederation channeling I want to share, or somebody will bring up a topic of their interest.

That’s it! Let me know if you have any questions.

4 Likes

Thank you Jeremy. That sounds like a good way to explore the inner world. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a more general comment on the topic of group seeking.

May 18th, 2003, Q’uo

Therefore, when any
group joins in service to the one Creator, there is an
increase in the possibility for all entities upon the
planet and for each entity that seeks in service to
others. As you seek together there is far greater
chance that, as a group entity, you shall find that
which you seek. For there are many entities who
have incarnated with latent abilities that come to the
fore when there is the opportunity to share in service
with others. Each entity will add that which is his or
her own ability to the group’s energy and will find
that there is a multiplication factor that returns the
energy in a greater sense so that there is a dynamic
ability to grow in ways and degrees that were not
previously possible for the individuals within the
group, for the group itself, and for the planet as a
whole.

3 Likes

bump

Is this limited to physical proximity, global, or even greater a sphere?

I suppose the answer is “yes” to the extent that you yourself are limited to those things. And conventional wisdom advises that it’s well to know our limitations. Sometimes the theories exceed our grasp.

I would like to “patch in” with other globally for now…
I think it may already be happening though…

Rather than a patch bay,you might find this metaphor more useful.

Your instrument is resonant with various of your personal frequencies, and these likely get most of your attention. You are also resonant with planetary thought forms of various sorts, some of which are positive, as well as inter-planetary frequencies. If you can stabilise and dial down the personal frequencies, you can then search within for the planetary resonances and begin attuning to something you feel is positive.

1 Like