Belief in TV/news, and foundation of your beliefs

If one values truth, it seems reasonable to question the foundation of one’s beliefs and assumptions.

There are 7.7 billion people living and 195 countries on this beautiful planetary globe.

For example, this is a huge claim, how do you know there are that many people, this many countries, and that our beautiful planet is a globe?

Of course, these are popular narratives that we all seem to automatically believe.

But how reliable is the TV and News at telling the truth?

I’ve found that TV likes to channel programming to people, and that truth isn’t the primary concern of shows. Yet almost the entire world population takes it seriously, as if it’s reliable and accurate.

My default position is to assume it’s not telling the truth. The events on it could be fabricated and there’s no way for me to be sure or not.

I do know that TV uses actors, digital effects, deception, bias, and is profit driven.

Therefore if I hear about a virus, a war, or shooting, or any other event on TV/news, I do not assume these events actually happened in the world.

It’s true that people believe that these events are happening, so the illusions are real for people in that sense.

1 Like

I appreciate the epistemological exercise. How do I know? Well, I don’t really know, I googled those statistics when I wrote the blurb, haha. It was more about attempting (modestly) to add creative flair than about being as accurate as possible. Perhaps there are only 10 people and the rest we see are robots. Maybe there are more countries and nation states out there, but the United Nations refuses to acknowledge them. Maybe there are countries existing behind the earth’s mantle. It would be unfortunate if they don’t get a mention. Though, it would be awesome if they could connect to our internet.

Asking the question opens up a whole host of possibilities.

But how then do you reconcile having a shared reality in which to lay a foundation for two entities to bridge the divide of having separated individualized consciousness?

2 Likes

Indeed, and maybe that’s what the mass mind is, our mass reality/delusion.

2 Likes

It depends where you take that information.

From here, we are currently at 7.96 and very close to jumping into 8 billion.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the truth.

I’ve found that sources which lean in the STS direction are not as reliable. (Anything related to governments for example.)

That question could probably be asked in a channeling session. If those numbers are way off, we would get hints of this in the channeling.

Ah but how do we trust a channeled entity to give us the truth? Couldn’t they be pushing a narrative?

Better to trust your past experiences. But wait! How can we prove that the past exists? Only the present can truly be perceived, what if all our memories are programed in such a way to make us believe we experienced certain things?

Better to trust your senses. But wait! How can we be sure that our senses are accurately reporting the world? Signals sent from our eyes to our brains could be distorted by some neurological malfunction, or our brains could be in a jar somewhere being fed signals to trick us into believing we are experiencing this reality.

Better to trust our thoughts. But wait! How can we be sure that our thoughts are really ours? They could be broadcast into our minds through telepathic imprint.

And so on. At some point a leap of faith must be made lest you slide into nihilism. Automatically rejecting everything you see on TV requires as much of a leap as automatically believing everything you see on TV. I personally believe that the Earth is a globe because I trust what I’ve learned: that Eratothsenes measured the circumference of the Earth back in the 2nd century BC using an experimental method that can be easily replicated and has produced the same results over and over. I also believe that, while it’s impossible to get an exact number, that 7.7 or 7.9 billion is probably a decent enough approximation based on data collected by many individuals all over the world and I don’t see the motivation for all of them to lie about it.

That said, I try not to cling to tightly to any belief, and I can’t say with any certainty that these things are true. Maybe they are true on one level but false on another. If they are false, does it really make much difference in how I experience reality?

Just some thoughts.

5 Likes

A great question!

This is part of why I think Q’uo often starts their communication with essentially wanting people to be discerning. I don’t think even the confederation wants people to blindly trust what they’re saying.

Better to trust your past experiences. But wait! How can we prove that the past exists? Only the present can truly be perceived, what if all our memories are programed in such a way to make us believe we experienced certain things? …

Yes these kind of explorations are fantastic, and perhaps even important to do on a personal level, to better understand one’s experience.

And so on. At some point a leap of faith must be made lest you slide into nihilism.

Perhaps, there could be a dark period, but for me, revaluating the foundation of my beliefs, being open to changing my perspective on everything, being willing to lower my confidence in all beliefs, has led me to greater freedom, and allowed me to shift from atheism to learning about the law of one.

I find I have greater faith now that I’ve recognized how illusory everything is.

Automatically rejecting everything you see on TV requires as much of a leap as automatically believing everything you see on TV.

Maybe. The default position is that people trust that the TV is channeling truth to them. Whereas I don’t reject everything in a very strong way.

I’m closer to indifference, or agnosticism. If I hear an event it’s like: “that’s interesting”, but I have no way to know how true it is.

When I’ve studied the source of some events and news, I’ve found that there was deliberate misinformation, deliberate deception. Therefore my trust is shattered in them, and they have yet to rebuild or earn their trust.

It’s likely similar to why don’t LLResearch channel STS entities? In the same way, I view much of this world’s information as being closer to STS information, and therefore unreliable. They’ve muddied the water with so much distortion, that it seems more reasonable to not believe them.

There is so much unknown in my 3rd density perception, I feel like we’ve been cut off from a lot of true knowledge of our transient experience.

Therefore, I suppose this is why confederation focuses on non-transient information.

I personally believe that the Earth is a globe because I trust what I’ve learned: that Eratothsenes measured the circumference of the Earth back in the 2nd century BC using an experimental method that can be easily replicated and has produced the same results over and over.

That’s fine, I don’t want to disrupt your beliefs in stories like these. Unless you’re interested and curious about exploring them.

I don’t see the motivation for all of them to lie about it.

If one is interested in crafting an illusion, would lies help to achieve that?

That said, I try not to cling to tightly to any belief, and I can’t say with any certainty that these things are true.

That’s wonderful, I think that’s a great approach!

If they are false, does it really make much difference in how I experience reality?

Perhaps not!

Maybe it depends on the extent to which you value truth?

Here’s an example of why believing false things might make a difference:

Let’s say a person creates charity business and they claim that they give all their money to help homeless people, but in reality the person is keeping all the money for themself! Now, there is a man who is regularly donating money to this charity, he believe’s he’s being of service to homeless people, but really his actions are not helping them at all! His false belief, his failure to recognize the scam, has led him to perform a service that is not effective.

1 Like

This example speaks to the idea that there is an objective reality that can be perceived correctly or incorrectly. Just because the donor believes he is giving to the homeless doesn’t make it so. He is wrong. So from this example, we should be motivated to increase the acuity of our perception and align ourselves closer to the objective reality. I think that is a healthy approach to take.

I like this idea. I think that we are working on the incorrect assumption that we have the ability to consciously choose most/all of our beliefs. Aren’t most of the beliefs we hold onto subconsciously formed and not deliberately chosen?

TV is a type of programming, you can choose to not consciously believe a story, but you absorbed the images flashing on the screen, absorbed the emotions through the body language and speech of the TV personalities. It has had an impact on shaping your internal world view, no matter how slight. Watch it for long enough and it changes your perception long-term so you’re more likely to focus on some things, and completely miss other things. This is conditioning and it compounds over time.

There are so many beliefs we need to rely on to get us through the day, like, that the ground won’t fall beneath our feet, that other people we see in the street won’t attack us, that our train will arrive at our platform. These are just formed experientially over time, and we think nothing of it.

1 Like

The simple answer is: Only believe what you have proofed and that fits logical together with other informations.

Tv programs tell u they are programming. Disclosure

I stopped news watching in 2007. I reduced my blog reading from every day or so to every week then every 4 weeks then every 2 months from 2007 to 2015.

Eventually i came circle back. Now i just dont believe what i see on instapundit. I watch the raw videos and not from twitter.

Sadhguru has an answer to the question, “What is the practical difference between perception and reality?”

To remove the distortion of perception, we must take away all that we identify with.

1 Like

A german article has appeared that fits into this thread/topic.

The following programs keep you trapped in the matrix:

• Your ego (The self-image with which you unconsciously identify yourself).
  • Your beliefs (The filter with which you perceive the world) imposed from an early age by caregivers.
  • Your unconscious conditioning (compulsive behavior patterns = reaction follows stimulus)
  • Your imprints / reference experiences

Other external influences/factors that keep you in the matrix:

• Your job/ hamster wheel (Trapped in the cycle of “Get up - Work - Consume - Sleep!”).
  • The media / information overload (There is a flood of information - It is often very difficult to filter, question and check the truth of this information) In addition, behind every medium there is a financier who pursues certain interests. Objective reporting is often not possible.
  • Laws, rules, norms

How to break out of the matrix - 7 steps guide:

1. Start meditating & become self-aware!
  2. Become aware of the matrix - recognize connections
  3. Start to question critically (self-reflection)
  4. Listen to your intuition and set yourself goals
  5. Learn from your experiences & experiences
  6. Take 100% responsibility for yourself
  7. Go your own way

Conclusion

The matrix is a system full of limiting programs that manipulate us and dictate what we should do. These rules and norms are very deeply rooted in our society and are taught to us from childhood. Many people live in the matrix all their lives without ever realizing it.

Now is the time to break out of the matrix. Become aware of yourself and recognize the limiting programs within you. This will help you to free yourself from the shackles of the matrix. Use your power and intelligence to break free from the control mechanisms of this system.

1 Like

Interesting in the media too I’ve noticed how they’re increasingly framing independent thought as being criminal, and dangerous.

The recent Alex Jones case is a good illustration. Pointing out that something might be a lie is now seen to be very costly.

If you question what you’re told, careful, you might look crazy like Alex Jones!

Is it really that bad to question if this person is displaying genuine distress? Does he honestly look like his child was just murdered, and not just putting it on for the camera?

This can be seen as a good sign, because it indicates that the system of (mental) control is in serious danger.

1 Like

This really fits into no topic but the “foundation of believs” is really questionable, because how it is possible to be not shocked about such an title?

The best cocktails with adrenochrome: recipes for an eternal life

Children’s blood recipes for an eternal life

It’s not a fake, her are two links that this book really exists:

Link to amazon.de
Link to medimops

If you look for other books by the author Herold zu Moschdehner, the only reassuring thing is, that he obviously wants to provocatively inform with this title.

1 Like

Regarding foundation of your beliefs …

1 Like

One thing I’ve been wondering, is that perhaps it’s not good for me to attempt to point out how things are fake or a hoax.

Like if people really believe in the history they’re taught, and that the world events are true as the TV says, then me interrupting that really does seem like a spoiler.

Because there are perhaps lessons they need to learn from the drama that’s being put on for them.

A lot of work and effort goes into fabricating world news and world events, so if I show how they’re just an illusion, then it may prevent someone from taking it seriously.

There are lessons that can be learned from conflicts and drama, but if you realize it’s not real it may weaken the teaching.

1 Like

Perhaps - but you should be aware that this hoax determines the world we have to live our life within. This is a world of military, violence and bellicosity.

This drama could be needed for some individuals, but i am sure that most of the beings would have a better and more pleasant development in an environment of more harmony.

I would like to quote the explanation of the word spoiler in the german Wikipedia:

A spoiler is information that summarizes essential plot elements of a work of fiction, a film, a video game, an audio book, a sports event, or episodes of a television series, and is thus likely to spoil the enjoyment of the complete work or the suspense contained therein.

In this sense there could be a plot that offers a far better enjoyment with less suffering.

2 Likes

what if people desire, or need, the suffering though?

Whenever I’ve suffered, it’s always helped me learn things quickly.

For instance with addictions of all kinds. People really enjoy experiencing highs, which means they have to also experience the lows afterwards — balance.

If you put an angry person in a peaceful harmonious world, might they feel too uncomfortable?

Therefore, perhaps this world with all of its fake drama, anger, suffering, slavery, and beauty everywhere. Is exactly what people want?

Many of us are likely ready to move onto a more harmonious planet with more truth, but perhaps we just have to keep waiting for the harvest period to end? (wait for this life to end).

(this is just some fast speculation)